408 S. Main Street
Wetumpka, AL 36092
Fax: (334) 567-1331
8:00am -4:30 p.m. M-F
The Wetumpka Planning Board meets the second Monday of every month. Agendas are posted in City Hall.
Board of Adjustment
The Board of Adjustment meets on an as-needed basis. Notice of public hearings are listed in the Legal section of the Wetumpka Herald. Agendas are posted in City Hall.
Adopted in 1999. There are other ordinances in effect for Signs, Landscape, and Flood.
Copies available for purchase:
Subdivision Regulations - 2002 $8.50
Zoning Ordinance - 1999
(as long as supplies last) Free
City Limits - Police Jurisdiction
PDF - 90KB
PDF - 2.4MB
The goal of the Building Department is to assist developers and landowners in the development and growth of Wetumpka, while maintaining the cleanliness and integrity the citizens deserve.
Building Department responsibilities include:
- Issues electrical, plumbing, mechanical, gas, building, and street cutting permits.
- Reviews and approves building plans, site plans, and landscape plans
- Determines what items are to go before Wetumpka Planning Board and Board of Adjustment
- Enforces adherence to zoning regulations as appropriate.
- Makes interpretations of zoning ordinance as they apply to construction
- Assures construction is compliant with ICC codes
- Works with FEMA to supply information to citizens concerning flood elevations and Special Hazard Evaluation.
- Canvasses the city for code violations
- Issues condemnation notices on unsafe structures
The Cityof Wetumpka requires permits be taken out for work performed in the citylimits. Contractors must have a current City of Wetumpka license and workshould meet the following standards adopted by the City. They are asfollows:
2015 International Residential Code
2015 International Building Code
2015 International Existing Building Code
2015 International Fire Code
2015 International Mechanical Code
2015 International Plumbing Code
2015 International Fuel Gas Code
2014 International Electrical Code
Building Department Forms
Application for Rezoning
Building Official: Chappell Brown
Department Secretary: Angie Fraiser
Fire Marshal: Michael Robinson
Code Enforcement: Donald Kendrick